An Illinois Leader in Orthopaedic Surgery
Experience, innovation and high-quality care distinguish Orthopaedic services at Central DuPage Hospital (CDH). Specialists who practice at CDH have expertise in the full dimension of Orthopaedic conditions—from shoulder to toe. They provide innovative and effective treatments for adults and children.
Central DuPage Hospital is a leader in Orthopaedic surgery:
- Second most active hospital in Illinois performing total joint replacement surgeries
- Named one of America's Best Hospitals for Orthropaedics by U.S. News & World Report since 2007
- Four dedicated operating rooms for Orthopaedics
- Innovative methods minimize blood loss during surgery
- Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services get patients up and moving as quickly and fully as possible, including holidays
Our goal is to restore maximum function and motion for people with Orthopaedic conditions. Orthopaedic surgery services at Central DuPage Hospital address a broad range of needs, including:
- Foot and ankle care
- Arch, heel and toe pain
- Nerve-related problems
- Neuromuscular deformities
- Sports-related injuries
- Tendon injuries
- Total hip and knee replacement, including minimally invasive procedures
- Total shoulder replacement
- Total ankle replacement
- Total elbow replacement
What is Arthroscopic Surgery?
Arthroscopic surgery is a minimally invasive method of Orthopaedic surgery and is usually performed on an outpatient basis. During arthroscopic surgery, the Orthopaedic surgeon makes a tiny incision and works with a lighted camera lens that is no larger than a pencil to look inside the joint. Because of the small incision, most patients feel less pain and experience faster recovery after arthroscopic surgery as compared to traditional surgery. Surgeons may use arthoscopic techniquest to detect, diagnose or repair problems in the knee, shoulder, hip, elbow, ankle or wrist.
- Sports medicine applications may include surgical repair of injuries related to sports and exercise
- Hand and upper extremity surgery addresses arthritis, occupational injuries, lupus, nerve compression syndromes, scleroderma, simple and complex bone fractures within the hand, and replantation of amputated fingers
- Microsurgery and other surgical methods for hands, muscles, joints and nerves
- Pediatric orthopaedics for a variety of conditions including scholiosis and hip dysplasia
Does your child need surgery?
Learn more about our Pediatric Surgical Clinic.
Leaders in Joint Replacement
CDH is a leader in joint replacement in Illinois. Orthopaedic surgeons on the medical staff perform more than 2,000 replacements a year—that's more than any Illinois hospital outside Chicago. More surgeries mean more experience, more innovations and better results for patients who choose CDH.
Our Joint Replacement Staff
Many individuals with varied specializations participate in the care of Orthopaedics patients at CDH.
- Nearly 40 board-certified Orthopaedic surgeons, including specialists in pediatric Orthopaedics, hand and upper extremity, foot and ankle, joint replacement and sports medicine
- Board certified Orthopaedic nursing leadership
- Orthopaedic nurse clinician/staff educator
- RN's specialized in caring for Orthopaedic patients (more than 200 years of combined Orthopaedic nursing experience)
- RN's trained to monitor patients with a history of heart problems
- Physical and Occupational Therapists trained in Orthopaedics
Considering Hip or Knee Replacement? Know the Facts
Our Web site offers joint replacement educational videos, class listings and more.
For an appointment or evaluation with an Orthopaedic surgeon, call 630-933-4234. TTY for the hearing impaired 630-933-4833.