Ultrasound: A First Step in Diagnosis
Ultrasound imaging at Central DuPage Hospital (CDH) is used in a variety of applications, from monitoring development of a baby in the womb to detecting cardiovascular problems.
What is Ultrasound?
Ultrasound (also called sonogram) is a quick and easy diagnostic technique that uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of the organs and systems within the body. These sound waves reflect off of body structures and are then analyzed by a computer to create a two-dimensional picture. Ultrasound images are a valuable first-step in diagnosis.
Excellence in Imaging
Ultrasound services at CDH are accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL), an organization which sets professional standards for imaging technologies. Our ultrasound imaging services have earned a "5-star" rating in patient satisfaction surveys.
CDH offers a full range of ultrasound services, including:
- General ultrasound procedures
- Obstetrical ultrasound for mother and fetus
- Gynecological ultrasound
- Breast ultrasound, to detect breast masses and other abnormalities
- Peripheral vascular ultrasound, to evaluate blockages in the veins and arteries
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy, which helps the physician precisely position the needle to extract a tissue sample during biopsy
- Variety of pediatric exams
The team has extensive experience performing ultrasounds for many different applications and includes:
- Board-certified radiologists (MDs)
- Registered sonographers with muliple specialites and vascular technologists
- Pediatric Radiologist from Children's Memorial Hospital (during specific hours).
Location and Hours
Central DuPage Hospital
25 N. Winfield Road
Winfield, IL 60190
7:00 am - 11:30 pm
7:00 am - 3:00 pm
To Schedule an Ultrasound
Please call 630-933-5000 to schedule an ultrasound at CDH. A physician order is required.