64-Slice CT Scanning: Diagnostic Imaging for Adults and Children
CT scanning at Central DuPage Hospital (CDH) is offered for both adult and pediatric patients. CT scanning can be useful for viewing internal organs and structures, tissues, bones and tumors.
What is CT?
CT stands for Computed (or computerized) Tomography. This procedure also is sometimes called computerized axial tomography, or CAT scan. A CT is a diagnostic procedure that uses special X-ray equipment to view inside the body. The CT offers more detail than a standard X-ray, because it provides cross-sectional pictures of the organ or structure.
Excellence in Imaging
Our CT services earn a "5-star" rating in patient satisfaction surveys.
CT scans are performed on an outpatient basis and on an inpatient basis for hospitalized patients. CT also may be performed for patients in the hospital’s emergency department, including trauma patients (after a car accident, for example).
CT imaging services include:
- CT scanning of head and body
- CT guided biopsy – to assess benign and malignant tumors
- CT angiography – to diagnose any vascular conditions
- Cardiac CT imaging to evaluate for calcium or blockages
- Pediatric CT procedures; We also offer a CT pediatric sedation program for younger children who are unable to hold still on their own.
The CT team is composed of individuals who are specially trained and experienced with computerized tomography procedures. The team includes:
- Board-certified radiologists (MDs)
- Licensed radiological technologists with sub-specialization in CT
- Registered nurses with additional credentials in critical care subspecialty
Locations and Hours
CT scans are performed at CDH seven days a week, with extended hours to fit most schedules.
Central DuPage Hospital
25 N. Winfield Road
Winfield, IL 60190
Call for an Appointment
Appointments are available weekdays, evening and weekends.
Please call 630-933-5000 to schedule a CT procedure. A physician order is required.