Rehabilitative Services Aim at Function and Independence
Central DuPage Health offers a full spectrum of rehabilitation services for children of all ages, from newborn babies to teenagers and young adults. Depending on the child’s specific needs, rehabilitation may include physical therapy, occupational therapy and/or speech therapy.
Individualized treatment programs are based on a thorough assessment of each child’s current abilities and physical, neurological or cognitive impairments. Our goal is to help each child reach the height of independence and functioning.
We work with children who have challenges caused by:
- Birth defects
- Cleft lip and palate
- Developmental delays (gross and fine motor skills)
- Sensory integration disabilities
- Neurological impairment
- Speech delay
The Central DuPage Health professional team does more to provide a full range of diagnostic and rehabilitation services that are custom-fit to the needs of children. These include:
- Cleft Lip and Palate Clinic
- Consultation to assure the safety of food intake for each patient
- Education for the parents and family
- Pediatric feeding therapy (for those with difficulty swallowing)
- Pediatric Developmental Follow-up Clinic
- Screening and assessments for a wide range of diagnoses
- Video-fluoroscopic assessment and treatment of swallowing difficulties
Pediatric Rehabilitation services are provided by licensed therapists with specialized experience treating infants and children, including:
- Physical Therapists
- Language Pathologists
- Occupational Therapists
Location and Hours
Pediatric Rehabilitation Services are provided at Central DuPage Hospital.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Call for an Appointment
To schedule an appointment for your child, please call 630-933-6293. A written referral from your child’s physician is required. Our team delivers care for babies and children currently staying in the hospital and in our outpatient clinics.