Cancer and Blood Disorders
Thanks to research and treatment advances during the past few decades, pediatric cancer is more treatable than ever. The pediatric hematologists/oncologists in the pediatric program, Lurie Children's at Cadence Health, are helping children to beat cancer and to cope with the emotional, social and developmental challenges that sometimes affect these young patients. Families benefit from the expertise and resources of Lurie Children's, while getting both outpatient and inpatient care close to home.
The pediatric hematology/oncology specialists provide comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for children with blood diseases and cancer, including:
- Brain tumors
- Platelet and coagulation abnormalities
- Solid tumors
- Sickle cell disease
- White cell disorders
Services and treatments include:
- Coagulation replacement therapy
- Radiation therapy
Some of these treatments are provided in the Pediatric Infusion Center - a specially designed treatment area for patients needing these services.
The medical professionals on the pediatric hematology/oncology team are committed to providing state of the art treatment and giving dedicated and compassionate care in an environment targeted to the needs of children and their families. The multidisciplinary team includes:
- Lurie Children's specialists, board certified in pediatrics and pediatric hematology/oncology
- Additional Lurie Children's specialists including pediatric neurologists, pediatric surgeons, pediatric critical care specialists, and others as needed
- CDH oncology nurse specialist
- Child life specialists
- Pediatric social workers
Research and Clinical Trials
The Pediatric Hematology/Oncology specialists continuously strive to provide the best possible treatment options for children with cancer and blood diseases. Physicians on the medical staff at CDH have access to the latest clinical trials and newest therapies.
Patient visits are scheduled in the Pediatric Outpatient Center on the second floor of Central DuPage Hospital (east entrance).
To request a first-time appointment, call 1-800-543-7362 (1-800-KIDS-DOC®). TTY for the hearing impaired 1-800-526-0844.
* Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago at Cadence Health is a collaborative program between Cadence Health and Lurie Children’s. The physicians participating in this program are neither agents of nor employed by Cadence Health or any of its affiliates.