The pediatric neurologists in the Lurie Children's at Cadence Health pediatric program use state-of-the-art therapies and advanced technology to treat children with complex problems of the brain and nervous system. They diagnose and treat infants, children and adolescents with neurological conditions including:
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Cerebral palsy
- Degenerative and neuromuscular diseases
- Epilepsy (seizure disorders)
- Spina bifida
In addition to offering extensive treatments, the team conducts a full-range of noninvasive diagnostic tests on-site including:
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) to record electrical activity in the brain
- Electromyelogram (EMG) to record muscle contractions resulting from electrical stimulation
- Lab tests
- Sleep studies to understand the cause of sleep disturbances
- Medical imaging (MRI, CT, PET)
- Neuropsychological testing
The medical professionals on the pediatric neurology team are dedicated to providing compassionate care in an environment targeted to the needs of children and their families. The multidisciplinary team includes:
- Lurie Children's specialists, board certified in pediatrics, pediatric neurology and/or pediatric psychiatry
- CDH registered nurses
- Physical therapists
- Child psychologist
- Child psychiatrist
Patient visits are scheduled in the Pediatric Outpatient Center on the first floor of Central DuPage Hospital.
To request a first-time appointment, call 1-800-543-7362 (1-800-KIDS-DOC®). TTY for the hearing impaired 1-800-526-0844.
*Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago at Cadence Health is a collaborative program between Cadence Health, now a part of Northwestern Medicine, and Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. The physicians participating in this program are neither agents of nor employed by Cadence Health or any of its affiliate member hospitals.