Rehabilitative Services Target Function and Independence
Central DuPage Hospital (CDH) offers a full spectrum of rehabilitation services for children of all ages—from newborns to young adults. Depending on the child’s specific needs, rehabilitation may include Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and/or Speech Therapy.
Individualized treatment programs are based on a thorough evaluation of each child’s current abilities and physical, neurological or cognitive impairments. Our goal is to help each child reach the height of independence and functioning.
We work with children who have challenges caused by:
- Birth defects
- Cleft lip and palate
- Developmental delays (gross and fine motor skills)
- Sensory integration disabilities
- Neurological impairment
- Speech delay
The Pediatric Rehabilitation team provides a full range of diagnostic and therapy services customized for each child. These include:
- Cleft Lip and Palate Clinic
- Consultation to assure the safety of food intake for each patient
- Education for the parents and family
- Pediatric feeding therapy (for those with difficulty swallowing)
- Pediatric Developmental Follow-up Clinic
- Screening and assessments for a wide range of diagnoses
- Video-fluoroscopic assessment and treatment of swallowing difficulties
Pediatric Rehabilitation services are provided by licensed therapists specially trained in treating infants and children. They include:
- Physical Therapists
- Language Pathologists
- Occupational Therapists
Location and Hours
Pediatric Rehabilitation Services (inpatient and outpatient)
Central DuPage Hospital
Outpatient Services, Suite 506
25 N. Winfield Road
Winfield, Illinois 60190
Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
To schedule an appointment for your child, please call 630-933-6293. TTY for the hearing impaired 630-933-4833.
A written referral from your child’s physician is required for an appointment.